Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got this 08 jk everything's running great on it until today just out of no where when idling the clutch not in not in gear all that I hear a squeeking type noise only time I hear it is when clutch isn't in or I'm moving but if I'm just sitting there you can hear it I can't localize the noise it's just there. Any body have a clue what it might be or am I freaking out over nothing serious because it's a noise in it, again just bought it 08 rubi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went down the road and opened it up a bit just now and now idling is just fine the noise isn't there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing is second does not seem to catch right I'll go into first and goes just fine then shift into second and it feels like it takes a second to grab kinda hard to explain it grabs and goes but feeling the shifter and listening it just seems like it grabs late,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after reading some other threads about gear issues found out jks are a lot different driving then most manuals, so following advice I found was able to adjust my driving from pos trucks and tuners to this and just drove it for twenty minutes didn't hear or feel the same noise I was talking about and as for squeeking I found a thread about the fender making noise and yes that was loose but that took part of a tiny noise I had heard this squeak sounds more from the engine compartment sometimes it's there others not.
Now another question sorry if I sound inexperienced it's my first jeep just want to make sure nothing is out of the normal, anyways I've been driving with out speakers on and I know jeeps are known for road noise but is it really this much the wind is fine and tires fine but I can hear the transmission like I'm outside I can hear every shift just fine and all that I remember my buddies yj being able to be heard but louder but his rig was rhino lined and again was a.yj, just curious if my transmission is louder than it should be or am I just not used to it. And one more....
When the engine is off and I push in the clutch it sounds like the throw out bearing is clicking, but when it's on or I'm going I can't feel the click or hear it at all should I be to worried about getting it replaced or again am I just paranoid since I just bought this. And the noise wasn't there before, thanks for all the help you guys have given so far loving this forum lots of good advice and knowledgeable people ease my mind with some things I thought were issues but were just things a jeep has haha I was warned jeeps can be a money pit but again I love this thing so far it's awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts