Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PO on my 90 did an engine swap, 4.2 for a 4.2. When they did it, they put an aftermarket temp gauge in, and the wire that runs from the Sending unit to the gauge is broke. I would prefer to get the original working again, but not sure which wire would need to get connected in the harness. I would assumeI would need to order a new gauge, as if they had to put in an after market one, it probably quit working.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is just a guess, I have a 1992 2.5, but I would think the color would be the same...
The sending wire is the purple or purple/yellow one, the power is the blue/white or white/black and the black is the ground, on my plug the wires for the temp are all together next to one another.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I have a 2.5 with two temp sensors. The one on the cylinder head drivers side rear has a single purple wire. The other sensor is for the ECM. So I would imagine they are the same for the I6. If you ground that wire it will peg the gauge and tell you if the gauge works. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts