Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking and learning for months, but this is my first post. Looking at the specs posted on the jeep.com website, I notice that the interior dimensions for the Rubicon and Rubicon Hard Rock are different. The HR has more head room, same shoulder room, but less leg room and hip room for the front seating than the standard Rubicon model. Why is this?

I asked the salesman at the dealership, who asked another salesman, both of whom then asked the sales manager, and nobody knew the answer, nor did they ever get back to me with an answer as promised. [I won't be going back to them...ever.] Unfortunately, they did not have a HR available for me to look for myself.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
It's not unusual for marketing material to be wrong. All JK models should be exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
The only interior difference is that the Hard Rock has leather seats. As far as I know the seats themselves are identical. I would bet it is a misprint.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
The only interior difference is that the Hard Rock has leather seats. As far as I know the seats themselves are identical. I would bet it is a misprint.
I would tend to agree.

The Hard Rock comes standard with the leather seats, and the base Rubicon comes standard with cloth seats. It could be some minor differences because of that.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Does it come with the headliner kit?

I wouldnt worry about the website info to much, alot seems to be copied incorrectly.

More worrying is the lack of knowledge the dealers have.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does it come with the headliner kit?

I wouldnt worry about the website info to much, alot seems to be copied incorrectly.

Headliner kit was an option on my 15 Hard Rock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

Thank you all for the quick responses. I am leaning toward ordering the Hard Rock, but I'm a big guy and did not want to make an expensive mistake buying a version that I did not fit in. I now have the confidence to proceed. Next, I just need to decide on a color...

·
Registered
155 Posts
QFT

I've been to the dealership lot three times (I'm a fairly big guy and comfort/fit in the vehicle is really important. Its one of the reasons I ditched my BMW)

Anyway...

Each of the three sales folks that came along to lurk as I sat in the cabin, didn't know jack shit about the vehicle we were looking at. I don't even remember the types of things I'd ask, doesn't matter, it wasn't weird esoteric stuff. Each time they would said "let me check on that", and I'd say "its OK, I'm not buying today anyway, so don't bother".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts