Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to be purchasing a base model 2015 Wrangler Sport Unlimited in the next few days. I'll be using the vehicle for every day driving, hunting, fishing, and camping. I don't intend to be going aggressively off-roading, so I don't need something to ward off boulders, but I will certainly want to be taking off the doors. At least for the front seats I'd like to put on some tube doors.

As this will be the first Jeep I've owned, I have no idea what would be an appropriate set. I am on a reasonably tight budget (one of the reasons for getting the base model), so keeping the price down is certainly a priority. But I do want to balance price with value. I don't want to get something that's going to bend, break, rust out, or look awful in a short time.

Any experienced and specific suggestions on models and sources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

·
Registered
801 Posts
My use is similar to yours and when I bought my 13 I was on a really tight budget and go some cheap tube doors. Bottom line I was very unhappy.

I have since traded my 13 for a 15 JKU and purchased the Body Armor Gen II trail doors and love them. I found them on sale and saved a good amount of $$.

Look around and find a few sets that you like. Find the middle ground of what you like and can afford. If you make a decision based on price alone chances are you won't be happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts