Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a 'dumb' question, but.....
privately selling a '04 explorer prior to ordering a '13 JKU, sport s with the p25575R17 tires.

thing is, i have a set of nearly new P235 70R16 's on 'beater' rims for the explorer, and if I don't include them in the private sale (some buyers arent interested), I would love to keep the tires for 'winter' use on my new JKU. Could I buy cheap steel wheels that would allow me to run P235 70R16's on a 2013 JKU Sport S? I know my speedo would be off slightly, but these tires are fantastic in snow and i'd avoid selling them if I could get affordable rims to fit them to my new Jeep.

Any wear / disadvantages to this?

Please feel free to provide links to cheap wheels, if they exist.

Thanks all, great forum in helping me plan my transition.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Your Jeep will have 32" tires. The ones from the explorer are only 29". I wouldn't do it, but to each his own. You're going to need an AEV Procal to change your speedometer/odometer and to reset the tpms unless you are buying another set.

·
Registered
876 Posts
sorry if this is a 'dumb' question, but.....
privately selling a '04 explorer prior to ordering a '13 JKU, sport s with the p25575R17 tires.

thing is, i have a set of nearly new P235 70R16 's on 'beater' rims for the explorer, and if I don't include them in the private sale (some buyers arent interested), I would love to keep the tires for 'winter' use on my new JKU. Could I buy cheap steel wheels that would allow me to run P235 70R16's on a 2013 JKU Sport S? I know my speedo would be off slightly, but these tires are fantastic in snow and i'd avoid selling them if I could get affordable rims to fit them to my new Jeep.

Any wear / disadvantages to this?

Please feel free to provide links to cheap wheels, if they exist.

You can get cheap wheels anywhere, but the only disadvantage I would see is you would have to get a 2nd set of air pressure sensors for the spares for your new wheels.

That is the reason I will probably end up giving my stock wheels away, but I hope to sell the tires at a good price? Stock were 16" and my new Mickey Thompson's are 17". What the heck?

50 Something

1 - 4 of 4 Posts