Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, pretty excited to be back in Jeep crew. (sold my 99 TJ about 3 years ago) Just ordered a 2013 JKU Sahara 6 speed, billet silver. Comes with those new 18" wheels with the round holes in them, not really a fan. I prefer the 2012 18" 5 spoke wheels over them, but the dealer only has one 2012 model in stock and says it will be tough to try to hang on to those wheels until my Jeep comes in to make a swap. He has several Jeep's with the 17" 5 spokes, which I am ok with. My question is - would I be better off going with the 17" 5 spokes, as far as tire choices/pricing goes, or leave the stock 18" on it and sell the wheels and buy new aftermarket 18's? Not yet looked at pricing on 18's, but I'd want something in black I think.

Just fishing, any comments welcome. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I made the mistake of "upgrading" to the black 18" 5 spokes on my Sport. I now know that the 18's are undesirable in after market, and tire choices are more expensive and limited. I will gladly sell you mine if you really want them and are close to Austin, TX. I would go with the 17's if there is no charge from the dealer and bedline them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, yes, he said no problem doing the 17" 5 spokes. I figured just the tire $$ savings would be worth it. I love in San Antonio but just moved from Austin, actually lived in Volente for a little over a year, if you know where that is. Down on Lake Travis. Used to tear it up in the hills out there. Maybe we can go wheeling after I get this thing! 5-8 weeks they say.

What do you mean 'bedline?'

·
Registered
294 Posts
Awesome! I live about 7 miles from Volente. Real close to Lakeline mall.

You can buy Bedliner in a can. It will make your wheels black and it is pretty rugged stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts