Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, pretty excited to be back in Jeep crew. (sold my 99 TJ about 3 years ago) Just ordered a 2013 JKU Sahara 6 speed, billet silver. Comes with those new 18" wheels with the round holes in them, not really a fan. I prefer the 2012 18" 5 spoke wheels over them, but the dealer only has one 2012 model in stock and says it will be tough to try to hang on to those wheels until my Jeep comes in to make a swap. He has several Jeep's with the 17" 5 spokes, which I am ok with. My question is - would I be better off going with the 17" 5 spokes, as far as tire choices/pricing goes, or leave the stock 18" on it and sell the wheels and buy new aftermarket 18's? Not yet looked at pricing on 18's, but I'd want something in black I think.

Just fishing, any comments welcome. Thanks! :thumb:

EDIT: sorry, my browser messed up, wrong forum..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yea, you want 17's. Much better tire selection. If you end up with the new style wheels, i'm pretty sure you'd be able to find someone on the forums who'd want to trade. The grass is always greener. I Sold my factory Rubicon Moab's to buy cheap flat-black steel wheels!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts