Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've always wondered why you drive around the with t-case in 2h instead of N? can any1 explain it in laymans terms for me?

·
Registered
33 Posts
2Hi sends power directly through the transfer case to the rear driveshaft. Neutral sends power nowhere, neither of the driveshafts are being turned. 4Hi sends power directly to both the front and rear driveshafts. 4Lo sends power through the gear reduction of the transfer case and then to the front and rear driveshafts.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Neutral in the T-case is the same as neutral in a tranny would be. Everything is disengaged.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
When your TCase is in Neutral the shift fork is not engaging any of the drive gears.

Test it out. Put your Tranny in Drive and your TCase in Neutral. All that happens is the input shaft on the case will spin freely.

·
Registered
366 Posts
what you have man is foating disengaged gears man nothing grabbing or pushing your butt up the road.. just a sugestion. why don't you try these theories before you post them. posts like that are lowering the collective intelligence of the forum. expecially when you try to argue with the people explaining it to you

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,850 Posts
what you have man is foating disengaged gears man nothing grabbing or pushing your butt up the road.. just a sugestion. why don't you try these theories before you post them. posts like that are lowering the collective intelligence of the forum. expecially when you try to argue with the people explaining it to you
I guess we can take that a step further and say that your grammar is lowering the collective intelligence of the forum. I'd suggest you spell check and grammar check your explanations before you post. And don't argue back with someone trying to explain it to you.

:wavey:

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts

I hope you're poking him because you know him, otherwise you might want to try not butchering the English language while speaking of lowering the collective intelligence. :D

(hehehe, MR.C beat me :D)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:chair: holy crap. i wasnt trying to argue with anyone. nor do i see where you came up with the idea that i was trying to argue. my 2nd post was simply to make sure tiny understood what i was asking. the way i read her reply led me to believe she mistakenly thought i was talking about the tranny and not the t-case. if i had already known the answer to my question her reply would have made a little more sense to me, but since i was completely clueless it didnt. and by the way (thanks for answering so quick tiny). and also what theories should i try testing before i post on them? if i had a theory i would have tested it, but instead i had a simple question, so i asked and now know the answer. comments about theories when no theories were mentioned lower the collective intelligence of the forum. whereas me asking a question and some1 answering for me actually raises the collective intelligence of the forum. there is a simple explanation for this that i'll break down for you.

you have 2 people. 1 knows something that the other doesnt. the clueless person asks the other about it and the person that knows tells the clueless person. now both people know. so know 2 people know instead of 1. the collective intelligence of the pair has just doubled. because 2 people now know something only 1 originally knew. i can break this down further but hopefully your level of personal intelligence isnt so low that i need to. :flipoff: rant off

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Dawg - I wasn't quite sure if the answer was right, hence the question mark. I only know that I've be having problems with mine shifting through 4hi and 4low and whenever it decides to pop into Neutral everything disengages just like in Neutral on the transmission.

Scotty...... knowing that something does something and why it does something are different, I think he just wanted to know why.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was just trying to be a little dilomatic about it, the thread sounded to me like it was starting to get hostile.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Nah, dave (penguin_in_a_cj) for whatever reason, cannot put words into a sentence on the internet. Everything he types comes out like a 2 year old, but he has no problem writing on paper :p I think he is just computer challenged (hence the X-Box, and not the skill required computer :p).

Knowing him in person, and knowing what he wrote, I am sure all he meant was that you learn better tearing things down, trying things, etc. figuring out how stuff works. With that said, Dave, you did come out a little harsh bro. This isnt Pirate, or JF... much nicer crowd here. Gotta watch your tounge man :chair: :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts