Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I might be moving towards the Silicon Valley area and I was wondering if there is any off roading near by that I might be able to do while I'm there.

I know there's a lot of things to do in SoCal but I won't be able to go down there as much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tyler, my pops (waterdog on this forum) recently got a book that contains virtually all the trails in Norcal. I live in Folsom and he lives in Roseville. The title is "guide to northern California back roads and 4wheel drive trails" by Charles A. Wells. He bought it on Amazon for $18.57. Its actually a pretty cool guide. We used it just last weekend at a place called Poker Flat. It has maps, write ups and recommended skill levels for each trail. Pretty legit. Hope this helps. Neil

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
If you have an android, check out the app Moto2go , it lists trails by state an gives stats about them

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You will only be about 4 hours from the Rubicon Trail, (northeast of Silicon Valley) probably about the same to Fordyce. Plus there's a bunch of trails in that same area. There are some trails within 2-3 hours east of Silcon Valley, but I haven't been to any of those. The book that Neil (J4J)suggested is a good resource, and you might also check out Trails.com here: Browse By Map

Once you figure out how to navigate their site, it's pretty informative. Just be sure you're clicked on "Off Road Drives"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts