·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Hey, Dude! Haha! Sorry, I meant to reply to the thread w while ago...

I saw this when you posted it and sent the flyer to my Dad via email as well. He just got himself a 2011 JK that's already lifted a bit and 35s. He Lives in Clear Lake but is currently staying in Ames as they have a big job down here right now. His JK spends all of it's time in CL though.

Too bad this wasn't earlier - we could've had a ride around the lake it was SO LOW. Sadly, I missed the opportunity and now it's too high...

I would LIKE to make it - but I live down in Ames and work at 7PM-7AM the night before and then again at 7PM that night. (Trying to get someone to cover my shift though) But just in case - How long do you think it'll all take? You think I could make the full ride and then back to Ames around 5-ish? (Time for a quick nap or something before work)

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think we would get to Clear Lake around 3:30. You could always take off if we get held up.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
I would think we would get to Clear Lake around 3:30. You could always take off if we get held up.
Good point. I'm still fishing around for someone to work for me. Have only gotten one reply - but it was a negative.

Need to get a new/better carb on my YJ... Went to both junkyards in town and they didn't have a single carb that would fit 'er.. :nonono:

You wouldn't happen to have a spare Motorcraft 2150 laying around that I could buy, would you? :D
I can't bring myself to pull the one off my J-truck. She needs it.

OH! How intense are these trails? :D

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are easy trails. No worries.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Sweet! TO be honest, I wasn't too worried about anything we'd encounter... Just thought I'd ask to make sure. :D

Told the GF that I planned on going for sure at this point and she's excited about it. So there's another person - just going to be in the same Jeep...

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Just an update:

No one is willing to work for me... So now it's up in the air for me again.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going...... Does any one know if the Greenbelt is open? Does anyone have a tally on how many jeeps will be on the cruise.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greenbelt was not open when I drove by this evening.

Six for sure and a bunch of maybes. Also the rain might stop a few.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Greenbelt trail is closed and will not be open on Sunday.

We will just adjust our route and continue as planned.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

1 - 17 of 17 Posts