Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deciding that my wife and I need a second auto and that it would be a Jeep, I did extensive research, almost all of which was here on WF. I’ve joined each of the corresponding forums for each of the cars I’ve bought as I know all of the info is available here. People here tend to know more about Jeeps than the people that sell them it seems. I knew I wanted the 2014 Wrangler Willys Unlimited and that I wanted it built for us from scratch. I called four dealerships in my area, with the intention of only walking into one showroom. I called Route 46 Jeep in Little Falls, Teterboro Jeep, Rockland Jeep, and Paramus Route 4 Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler. Both Rockland Jeep and Route 46 Jeep did not call me back, Teterboro Jeep wasn’t willing to come close to my price. Paramus Jeep sounded willing to deal and promptly set up an appointment for me and even confirmed via email and text. I’m not here to bash the other dealerships, as I know salespeople are very busy and can’t always return calls, but for me, it was a deciding factor.

When I walked in to Paramus Route 4 Jeep I was immediately greeted, then within a few minutes the sales manager Reggie came over and introduced me to Jesse Lopez. Right off the bat I introduced myself and told him I didn’t want to waste either of our time. I gave him the price I wanted to pay based on my research and said if you can do this for me today, I’ll leave you with $500 as a deposit and I’ll be back in 6-8 weeks to pick the Jeep up. Jesse said he’d do what he could, and quickly came back and said yes, he would do it at my price. Did I get the best possible price? Probably not – but I also understand that in this business, both parties can be happy. If you walk in on the last day of the month willing to buy a car off the lot, I’m sure you could do substantially better, but that wasn’t my situation. I believe our agreed upon price left both Jesse and I happy and I didn’t need to waste my time visiting other dealerships in the area.

I was in and out in 30 minutes. As an auto consumer I can be a very demanding client much like everyone else on this forum, I like to track my vehicles and am very particular about the details of my delivery, my wife forewarned Jesse of this and he gladly accepted the challenge, he said feel free to email any time. Over the next 8 weeks, I emailed Jesse maybe 10-15 times, each one of which was responded to promptly, always same day, within an hour. He took initiative to send me my VIN when he got it and also gave me updates along the way even though I was tracking via IAMJEEP and VOTS. I even left Jesse with a specific list of Delivery Day Don’ts, each of which he assured me would be taken care of and they all were.

The only hiccup in the whole process was my Jeep sat in storage during shipment in Staten Island due to some uncontrollable issues, not the fault of the dealership. When I contacted Jesse regarding the delay he apologized on behalf of Jeep, then responded to me as such, “I am very sorry for the delay, if you want, I can drive out there and get the Jeep for you, but then I would have to put miles on it (one of my delivery day dont’s), or just tell me what you want me to do and I will get it done”. My Jeep showed up the very next day.

Also, just about everyone that has ordered a Willys has had an issue obtaining the Trail Rated Kit which comes with the Willys edition, Jesse just emailed me, mine is in, and he has it set aside with my name on it for pickup.

In the last 15 years I have purchased cars from Benzel Busch Mercedes, Prestige Land Rover, Circle BMW, as well as two cars from BMW of North Haven in CT. I can honestly say this was my best, and most seamless auto purchase transaction. I did read some negative reviews of Paramus Rt. 4 Jeep, but I’m guessing everyone’s experience differs when buying a car. Sometimes car buyers forget dealers need to make money too. For me it was the closest dealership, so I had to give them a shot. I told Jesse if this went smoothly, I’d def post up a review here on Wrangler Forum and try to get people in the door and that closing deals would be on him. If you go in, I guess mention you saw my post up on Wrangler Forum, which should immediately tell him that he is dealing with a whole other level of OCD when it comes to Jeeps. Give Jesse Lopez a shot, based on my experience, I’m betting you’ll have a good experience as well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts