Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you guys make it today?

I am looking for my first off road experience and just learned about PMR today.

I live in Arlington and spend a lot of time in Ashburn visiting family.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bumping this. Did Flagpole Knob on Thursday--took the lake road (Dunkle Hollow/Skidmore Fork) up and it was really enjoyable. Thunderstorm started about 15 minutes in or so and it made it quite a bit tricky in parts.

Was with a convoy of 2 Tacos--1 2nd gen TDR Off Road and 1 3rd gen SR5 (2WD). SR5 had some troubles, but ultimately made it up the trail.

We took the forest road (85?) down and that was mostly uneventful and a bit boring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bumping this. Did Flagpole Knob on Thursday--took the lake road (Dunkle Hollow/Skidmore Fork) up and it was really enjoyable. Thunderstorm started about 15 minutes in or so and it made it quite a bit tricky in parts.

Was with a convoy of 2 Tacos--1 2nd gen TDR Off Road and 1 3rd gen SR5 (2WD). SR5 had some troubles, but ultimately made it up the trail.

We took the forest road (85?) down and that was mostly uneventful and a bit boring.
Flagpole has something for everyone it seems like. How do those spots get in the rain where the water crosses the road on the Skidmore side? Someone said Crozet got 4 inches of rain in one of those storms this week. Not sure how much Augusta County got.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Flagpole has something for everyone it seems like. How do those spots get in the rain where the water crosses the road on the Skidmore side? Someone said Crozet got 4 inches of rain in one of those storms this week. Not sure how much Augusta County got.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Crossings weren’t deep, but we crossed the two main ones before any significant rainfall/storming. I recall only one decently sized bit of ponding muddy water at a corner, but I’d be shocked if it were more than a foot (if that) deep.

The real water issue was the constant torrent filling the ruts. That made it a bit difficult to judge the rut and it also got a bit slippery. Thankfully, going up gave us that added bit of traction.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts