Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried putting camera on the front of their Jeep instead of using one as a back up cam? It seems like when I come up to the lip of a steep decline or obstacle I have a hard time seeing what is in front of me because of the hood and fenders. You would think that a "nose cam" would be a thing.

Are there any systems out there that would work well for this application?

Where would be a good spot to mount a nose cam so that it didn't get crushed but provided good visibility?

Cheers!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a modified MyGig Lockpick setup. I run 8 cameras so of course I have a front camera. :happyyes:

The Lockpic has automatic setup for 4 cameras. When under 6 MPH the front camera automatically comes on.

MYGIG

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I added a front camera with a Lockpick also. I bought this one from Amazon to do it:

Front View Camera,Chuanganzhuo Universal Normal Image Car Reverse Backup Rear/Front View Camera For All Car,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RD05MOO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zAyGyb9SY7XGH

I had a piece of metal rhino-lined at a local place that does truck bed liner spraying, they charged me a very small amount to do this extra piece as long as they could do it when they were spraying someone else's car. The piece was bent and fitted first so the lining wouldn't crack by bending later. That metal piece is then mounted directly to my AEV front bumper.

I like this design because I couldn't otherwise see well on a trail over the hood of my 3.5" lift/35" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I have an idea ... just haven't executed it.

I want to mount a small servo motor and a tiny camera on a powerful magnet.

The $150 servo motor is controlled with a knob near the dash allowing me to rotate the camera in a 360 degree circle to point forward, to either wheel, or backwards to view the diffs.

Mounted to a magnet it can be removed from the forward skid plate.

The connections are an ethernet cable for the servo and DC power and video for the camera. A monitor is mounted with a RAM mount near the dash.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My Pioneer NEX has 2 video inputs so I have one for the backup and one mounted in the front in the little hole next to the plate

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
My NEX has two video inputs, so I used one for a front facing cam. I re-purposed the hole that mounts the skid plate to the front bumper on the far passenger side. I manually turn it on via a switch on my SPOD clone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts