Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I owned a YJ Sahara back in the nineties, hard top with full doors and a soft top with canvas split doors. Putting up the soft top was a pain in the butt as I use to have to use special rods to create the door frame and Velcro the canvas around the rods to form it, it never worked well and took forever. I'm glad to see the new soft tops have improved.
I test drove a 2015 JK Unlimited
Sahara yesterday, lots of bells and whistles, (I'm an old volunteer firefighter now, so heated seats and remote start are a must) but found the "trench" behind the back seat an issue for transporting my furry child.
I joined this forum looking for ideas and found what I think will work to get past this purchase stopping issue.
I'm looking for a
Unlimited with those options and towing package at a minimum.
Any advice for a new
potential buyer in North Jersey? Good dealers, bad dealers, features issues etc.?
All appreciated.
Gary

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Good advice above. Also, in terms of dealers, I had an okay experience at Ramsey CJD. I wouldn't be back ever to Route 4 CDJ in Paramus - the service department was horrible. If service isn't an issue (and you're either going to do your own servicing, or take it somewhere other than a dealer) then the buying experience was better at Ramsey, IMO. I also spent time at Rockland CJD just over the border in Nanuet. Low-pressure and decent lot. For me, it was a lack of JKs available at the end of the 2015 model year so finding 3.73s with tow package was my biggest challenge. I don't know how many max tow package Unlimiteds you will find now in the 2015 model year, but 2016s should not be a problem. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I'll be looking as well, probably end of August/Sept so if you have a good experience someone, would you let us know? Ramsey and Buhler were both recommended to me.
I am in the same boat as BrokenStar - MUST have factory 3.73 but hard to find in Jersey! I'll probably wind up ordering.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts