Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have looked and looked there are alot of silmilar problems but not exactly the same. Here are my piticulars
2008 unlimited
Stick
Bought it used with 82k left the lot it was awesome
Now has 87k ticks after it warms up
Tick increases with rpms
Tick is present at idle
If i feather the gas pedal i can make it go away
I checked the steering wheel gasket to see if i was just hearing normal motor noise it was fine.
Still has the oil that the dealership put in it when i bought it, it is due right now for a change, need suggestions on what weight?
I had it ideling and crawled under it and it sounds like its in the tranny? But i was sitting still.
I read somewhere where someone said it could be the cat? I would i check it
Dosent really sound like the manifold is cracked but who knows.
All i know is that that tick is going to drive me insane, i dont know whats worse
The tick or trying to find out what is causing it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ran by this post and ran into the same issue on my 08 at 92k, was hoping it was a valve adjustment issue but was wrong. Ended up being cam bearings ripping apart. Complete motor swap was needed....shitty day. Change your oil and drip into a bucket with a clean white T-shirt and dump filter on to another check for metal flakes.....metal=bearings 8-10 times. Goodluck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the oil Saturday didnt think to filter and look but will next time, the ticking went away for about a day. now its back. Like I said if you crawl under it actually sounds like its coming from the tranny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts