Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the problem:
Dropped the gas tank to repair the driver side rear frame, when tank was coming down it pulled the pins out of the fuel pump, cut and hard wired them to the wires I found looking thru here. No luck...
Changed fuel filter as it had a leak, New fuel pressure regulator, New fuel pump, get pressure in but nothing is flowing thru the fuel rail.
Relay is working properly.
Will start and run with continuous starting fluid sprayed into the breather...
Drive and ran when I pulled it in garage but isn't running now.
Maybe electrical issue? Wires not connected correctly ? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks

94 yj sahara 4.0

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Is there power to the fuel pump?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is power to the pump, has fuel coming into the pressure line but not a lot going thru the fuel rail to the return hose

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'll bet you swapped the lines over when reconnecting everything. I did this by accident. My string I used to tie around the hose to mark it fell off... I ended up having no fuel pressure, but when I disconnected the lines at the pump again, the return line (pressure line at the pump) had tons of fuel in it.

Reactions: DREDnot

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Mine were the same size before I replaced them. Disconnect the lines at the fuel rail and see if one line has lots of pressure in it. Those lines are easy to disconnect, you just squeeze the white plastic together.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The factory service manual shows the return line as the front, and the pressure line in the rear. Front being closer to the front of the vehicle, just to make sure we're talking about the same orientation.

If your return line has pressure, you hooked the hoses up backwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... I will have to look into that tomorrow bc the front [closest to the grill] has pressure and the rear trickles out, thanks I will let you know when I get a chance to look it over tomorrow after work

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm not sure how the fuel rail works but it seems as though there is a check valve in there that prevents fuel from flowing return line => fuel rail.

You may not have switched the hoses at the tank, but it's possible that the issue is where the hoses connect to the hard lines. They may have been switched.

Everything with a 20+ year old vehicle is a speculation...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts