Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a zone 4.25 lift and yesterday while riding I tried to put it into 4 hi and it didn't want to engage. What needs adjusted to correct this?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Your shifter linkage underneath the Jeep is out of whack because of the body lift. The best solution is a cable shifter like Novak or Savvy make. There are other ways of fixing this problem, I'm just not familiar with them.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
x2, that linkage was a bad idea from the factory. it can be adjusted and it may work, but there's no comparison to a novak or savvy cable

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Did you install the drop bracket on the tunnel shift bracket? If so, sometimes the shifter can get hung up on the bolt heads. On one, I had to counter sink the holes and use flathead machine screws....

Or it could be that your shift linkage needs to be adjusted...

Or it could be that you didn't install the drop bracket and the torque rod is out of alignment....

Or if you don't want to deal with any of these, follow the great suggestions above and get a Novak or Savvy cable shifter....:punk:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So does the transfer case have the part # stamped on it. I'm gonna order the savvy cable but they have two options. A 231 and a np 241. My jeep is a 2000 i6 automatic.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
So does the transfer case have the part # stamped on it. I'm gonna order the savvy cable but they have two options. A 231 and a np 241. My jeep is a 2000 i6 automatic.
Your TJ has the 231. Only the Rubicon comes with the 241. :)

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Just a note on the savvy cable/231--the new torque shaft bracket needs to be pointed down when you install. I had mine the wrong way and took me a very long time to figure out what the heck I was doing and why I couldnt get my tcase thru all the gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts