Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to take out my spacer lift and my bump stops are rotten to the point of falling apart. I'll be going back together at stock height, no lift. Looking for replacement bump stops, I see Energy Suspension lists some for the front but nothing for the rear. Looking under the Jeep, they appear to be the same front to rear. Is there a difference between front and rear bump stops? Any other sources where I can get stock replacements for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
746 Posts
You gonna wheel it stock or disconnect your sway bar? If not i really wouldnt worry to much about bumpstops. Sway bars will limit you from bottoming your shocks out or over compressing your springs.

If you are still worried about it try using this.

Google

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there, done that, no t-shirt. I wouldn't be asking the question if I hadn't already googled it til I was blue in the face.

Looking for stock replacement parts without the $30 each OEM price. The local chain stores have no listing...

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
If you are going back to a stock setup, go to the pick-n-pull and get a rear pair for cheap. Or take the part number from the dealership, and see if the fronts and rears are the same part numbers. If not, call Daystar, or another polyurethane manufacturer and see if the have a replacement. Don't just go by what is in the catalogs, actually call and talk to customer service. Good luck.:wavey:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OEM = $30 x 4

Energy Suspension polyurethanes for the front = $20 for a pair

And yes, as a matter of fact I do need a new career. :wavey:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm getting ready to take out my spacer lift and my bump stops are rotten to the point of falling apart. I'll be going back together at stock height, no lift. Looking for replacement bump stops, I see Energy Suspension lists some for the front but nothing for the rear. Looking under the Jeep, they appear to be the same front to rear. Is there a difference between front and rear bump stops? Any other sources where I can get stock replacements for a reasonable price?
My stock bump stops are also rotten, however my TJ is stock suspension and I have both swaybars connected. I guess I don't need to worry about them until I go aftermarket suspension?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My JK also has rotten rear bumpstops, I assume from some hard wheeling on stock parts. One is actually torn in half and partially missing. I am going to install a 2.5" coil lift kit with shocks by Teraflex which comes with rear bumpstops, however I assume they sit below the stock ones so I will have to replace those. Is this the case? Does anyone know the direct cause of this.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I felt the same way years ago when I needed them back then $40+ tax I was beside myself $170 for 4 chunks of rubber come on . I ended up getting a deal after some words got all 4 for $100 . If you flex to the point of hitting the bump stops that rubber gets crunched to the point where the cups do the stopping I'm sure the rubber helps some but not much .
GL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts