Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been over a year of expense and frustration. I have a beautiful, gleaming shining star of a goody but old-ie 1994 Jeep Wrangler. :punk: I have just bought my 3rd Crank Shaft Sensor. I have been through the wringer with spark plugs and wires and distributor caps. (some saying they had to dry it off) I used to be able to go through the big puddles, now I baby it and am going on a hunt for real answers. From what I am reading when I google is a timing issue, or fuel pump. I am done with the crank sensor, and I figure I always seem to get answers here, so I registered. I hope I can get answers to keep my Jeep, Mine. My son-in-law, diesel mechanic, put the last crank shaft sensor on 5 days ago and it is starting to tug ( it is like a tugging feeling in the seat between 55 and 65 mph at over 3000 rpm ) again after driving 10 miles, so I think something to do with after warm up. I can not put it into 5th gear, it makes this clunking sound and a bigger tug of war. So I driver 25 miles in 4th at 55 to 60 with little tug. I hope there is someone out there, just like I, that sees the sun shining only on their jeep when they look at it a certain way and a sound of ahhhaaa while driving it that can help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you checked for codes? Based on your description of the "tugging" and not being able to use 5th, I would look for a misfire and go from there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What engine and trans? Could be a failing ax5 binding up the driveline.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do and engine is 4 cyl/? The engine and its underside was rebuilt do to a father who hasn't driven one since the navy thing, going into 2nd instead of 4th up hill on the fwy. blew 2 pistons out of the engine and trans and it kept on going til the next exit. Thank you for the help, will keep up with the forum after I pass on information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts