Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been snowing all day, and has dropped over a foot. Keep in mind, a couple hours ago the roads were plowed, so as you can see the snow is accumulating really fast.

Jeep does pretty well in the snow. Most of the roads I was driving on had over 5-6 inches on them. I never went over 15 mph, mainly because I just couldn't. I usually drive that slow in the snow anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2OEd3YRE0k

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Cleveland when I'm in school, but Stow when I'm on break. Stow is about 15 minutes north of Akron on Route 8. We got hammered hard.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My Commander after driving home from work in Mantua, Oh.

My back deck yesterday after shoveling it Sunday.

We got about 16" of snow yesterday.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It was a different story here in Columbus. I work at Rickenbacker International Airport and we have to keep the snow off the ground while it's snowing. We got about a 1/2" then it seemed like it was gonna melt then the Air Temp just dropped. Turning everything to Ice. What really sucks about my job is NO SALT. I wish i would have just gotten snow....it's much easier to work with.

·
Registered
698 Posts
about 3-4in. here in Toledo. it's in the negatives with the wind chill too. can't wait to get home to CLE and some real snow.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
It was a different story here in Columbus. I work at Rickenbacker International Airport and we have to keep the snow off the ground while it's snowing. We got about a 1/2" then it seemed like it was gonna melt then the Air Temp just dropped. Turning everything to Ice. What really sucks about my job is NO SALT. I wish i would have just gotten snow....it's much easier to work with.
How do you guys keep the ice off the ground without salt? Any other chemicals or really good scrapers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts