Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

521 - 540 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll try to be there if I don't drink too much on Saturday night lol... 7am - 9am is kinda early for me on Sunday.
Yeah I'm tracking that's early for me as well lol...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome new jeepers. I'm in Sterling.

Just came back from awesome 9 day wheeling trip in TN and KY. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails locally when Chaos Offroad Park opens for the season in May. It's a friendly 'new to wheeling' place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome new jeepers. I'm in Sterling.

Just came back from awesome 9 day wheeling trip in TN and KY. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails locally when Chaos Offroad Park opens for the season in May. It's a friendly 'new to wheeling' place.

Are there any other local off road parks in Nova that you'd recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are there any other local off road parks in Nova that you'd recommend?
The Big Dogs events at the Cove are good. The Cove isn't an off-road park, per se but the owners allow the Big Dogs promoter to have wheeling events throughout the year.

Outside of Big Dogs and Chaos you'd need to go up to Rausch Creek in PA. Rausch is the mid-Atlantic wheeling mecca. There's another smaller park further into WV that I've heard good things about but I've never been.

I try to mix it up between technical wheeling at the parks and exploring maintained forest roads in the National Forests. They're quite interesting. I have some other posts on this forum about them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Representing Annandale here. Anyone know of any stock-friendly trails in the area? The only ones I've heard of are in GW National Forest and that feels a lot like commitment.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Representing Annandale here. Anyone know of any stock-friendly trails in the area? The only ones I've heard of are in GW National Forest and that feels a lot like commitment.
Aside from the Big Dogs @ the Cove and Chaos Offroad Park (both out past Winchester) the GWNF is your best option. With the exception of Flagpole and maybe one or two other roads there's nothing that you can't handle stock. The challenge of exploring the GWNF is that help is not nearby if you run into problems (slide off the road or get stuck on mudhole) so you either have another vehicle with you or be able to recover yourself. If you haven't done Peters Mill go do that first. Check out this thread.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/northern-gwnf-trip-report-221091.html

BTW, Chaos has one more event coming up this month. Check them out. You can jump on one of their trail rides with an experienced guide. They sort by ability group and even teach a quick 101 class.

521 - 540 of 561 Posts