Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

561 - 561 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with mechanics in the area. They're so hit-or-miss and I feel like you end up missing most of the time...especially at dealerships. I take my JK to Capital Car Care in Springfield (Fairfax County). I understand it's not in your exact area, but it's not far from you and it's right off of 495 at the Braddock Rd. exit.

https://capitalcarcarespringfield.com/

It's a family-run business that I've been going to for years. The owner drives a JKU and knows his stuff. Most importantly, he fixes what needs to be fixed and will tell you what can or can't wait.

I trust them.

Some things to note:
1) They're super busy. You'll probably need to end up leaving your car for a day or two before they get around to making repairs. Minor things like oil changes or inspections can usually be done in an hour or two if you make an appointment.

2) They're a little on the pricier side. We're not talking dealership rates, but you'll definitely pay more than you would at a Mr. Tire or Jiffy Lube...but I trust the service and, to me, that's worth it.

Best of luck.
I’m with you 100%! I’d happily pay a little more to know they’re providing honest service. Heck, I took it to the dealer and paid way more and got sh1tty service, so.... Ill definitely check these guys out. And I appreciate the background on them and of course the referral.

561 - 561 of 561 Posts