Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with these? I need one, as with my body lift the linkage won't fit. Anyone have one for sale or any experience?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I have one on mine and love it. My linkage worked with the drop bracket, but it knocked a lot from binding so I got the Novak cable shifter. The adjustment rod on mine was too rusted to adjust too. It didn't take long at all to install.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just put mine in last weekend, real happy now. Got rid of my annoying rattles that were in the old linkage and sooo much smoother to shift. Novak provided accurate fitting instructions with the kit and were awesome to deal with. Can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'll be installing one soon as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Install is easy, but make it way easier on yourself by just removing your front DS....you can do the install with out that, but you need tiny hands and to be really flexible. Taking it out makes it really easy, oh and the thing is awesome! makes shifting like butter

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have the time and want a project, just get the cable and fab your own brackets. Novak does make it nice for a direct bolt on and takes the guess work out of fabbing brackets.

McMaster-Carr

Part #s 3125K89 / 6058K32 / 6071K12

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
If you have the time and want a project, just get the cable and fab your own brackets. Novak does make it nice for a direct bolt on and takes the guess work out of fabbing brackets.

McMaster-Carr

Part #s 3125K89 / 6058K32 / 6071K12
I've personally built 4 or 5 cable shifters and even adapted the Novak from the 231 to work with a 241 before they developed the 241 part.

As long as you understand that you won't save any money if you value your time at 5 bucks an hour and know that it will be a project purely for the sake of doing it yourself, than enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I'd recommend just buying the Novak kit if you don't have the time, tools, and resources. Getting the correct mounting point placement to allow full cable travel took some trial and error.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've personally built 4 or 5 cable shifters and even adapted the Novak from the 231 to work with a 241 before they developed the 241 part.

As long as you understand that you won't save any money if you value your time at 5 bucks an hour and know that it will be a project purely for the sake of doing it yourself, than enjoy and have fun.
Mr. Blane

I called Gerald on monday looking for a novak shifter, he said he didn't have one in stock but was expecting some in on tuesday and to call back then, I called back and left a message to call me and let me know whether they came in, I didn't get any call back but am hoping to get one installed before I leave to go hunting, Thought maybe you might have heard something on their availability.

Donn

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Mr. Blane

I called Gerald on monday looking for a novak shifter, he said he didn't have one in stock but was expecting some in on tuesday and to call back then, I called back and left a message to call me and let me know whether they came in, I didn't get any call back but am hoping to get one installed before I leave to go hunting, Thought maybe you might have heard something on their availability.

Donn
I'm not sure if he has any or not. He is a bit distracted by the loss of a family member and the funeral is today. Check back with him next week.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm not sure if he has any or not. He is a bit distracted by the loss of a family member and the funeral is today. Check back with him next week.
Thank you for the response, I will wait till next week, It is most important that he is with his family right now. Our prayers our with him and his family.

Donn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts