Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now own a 2000 tj wrangler with 33" duratracs with a dual stabilizer front 2 1/2coils

hello, i own a tj wrangler I just changed my tires from 31" to 33"duratracs I also added front 2 1/2 heavy duty coils as well as 4 new shocks, i have never driving anything with that size of tire, but I am noticing that its very bouncy and extremely rough on hard pact uneven snow the reason for the two coils in the front end is because originaly my jeep sat 3" to low compared to the back because I have a huge extended front bumper and I also have a big 12 000 pds winch in the front end now tmy jeep sits even but certaint imes when im driving i hear grinding sounds coming from the front passenger tire, my tire doesnt seem to rub again anything noticible when hitting bumps I bounce alot and hear some clunking as well in the front end, what can this be? and if anyone has any useful info in regards to what else will be needed for sure now that I went along and did asll these changes to my jeep, any info is appreciated, thank you

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
One step at a time here...first thing's first...the bouncing.

Go out and check your tire pressure. I bet it's set at the max pressure on the sidewall...somewhere around 35 psi. Drop it to 26 and see how it rides. The shocks will play a big part too. Some shocks are gonna give you a really harsh ride if they're not valved for the weight of a Jeep.

As far as the clunking and grinding... you'll prolly need someone to help you out with that. Bounce on it while someone is looking for any loose parts or parts hitting the tires. Check the trackbar bolt at the axle and make sure it's tight. For that matter...check and make sure everything is good and tight. But track down one thing at a time...so check tire pressure first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i got an apt made for them to recheck the psi i think thats why im bouncing so much, doesnt seem normal. do you know if i will be needing to extend or do anything else to any other parts? I didnt go to the extreme with this i was told if i kept it at this height and tire size that brackets and other crap wont be needed! thanks (ps, random, but do you know where i can order ashtrays for tjs lol)

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Appointment to check the psi? Just get a gauge at the local parts store or walmart. If it is riding rough shocks are almost always to blame. Jeeps need specially valved shocks to work properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts