Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will update during this build process. I am putting in a 1974 Ford np435 backed by a 1973 t style ford Dana 20. It is coming along right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Righteous combo! Are you going to be re-drilling a CJ bell housing to connect? You also might have to get the hesco harmonic balancer crankshaft position sensor kit.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on really diving into this over the weekend. All of the clutch parts, slave cylinder, master cylinder etc are to be delivered. I already received the advanced adapters pilot bushing. I am really excited to see how easy this goes together. I don't know how much lengthening/shortening the driveshafts will need. I will also have to weld up a substantial tranny mount based on the ford bronco style mount.

·
Super Moderator
10,286 Posts
Will a CJ clutch pedal setup bolt right in or will you have to make adaptions?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be using the stock yj pedal set up. I got a Cj clutch master cylinder. I will make any necessary mods if necessary. I will know more when I pull the stock drivetrain.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rear and front drive shaft out. Shifters out. Clutch controls out. Unfortunately my floor jack has no way of reaching the tranny. Thank god I have an engine hoist. Looks like the drivers side door is coming off so the boom can go in. Tomorrow, it all comes out.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Let the air out of the tires and your jack will prolly reach....
I used to do that all the time 25 yrs ago w my sky high chevy's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts