Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,as I said in an earlier post I went on my first Jamboree a week ago and now I have the bug to lift it. I spoke to a person on the Jamboree that had an Nth degree lift on there jeep, and they said it was the best lift on the market.I would like to hear if there is anyone with any experience with this CO. It seems to be the most expensive one out there, but price does not always mean the best. I just dont want to have to replace it later down the road. My wife is makeing me sell my wave runner to help pay for it. By the Way does anyone need a 2002 Yamaha XLT Waverunner?:D Any advice would be appreciated. 2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.
Thanks Mitch

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about them from folks with their lift. I have also read an article in a magazine about the Nth lifts, nothing but praise for them. Apparently the guy who started the company used to be a engineer for DC designing the suspension for the Wranglers. Had ideas of his own and started Nth degree. The ride on the long arm lifts is supposed to be better than the stock ride. They have a decent website as well http://www.nthdegreemobility.com I would love to get the kit, gotta save my pennies though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I haven't seen a nth degree product that I didn't like. Yes, they are more money then other products but in my opinion well worth it. I have a Tera-flex 4.5" long arm lift in my Jeep already but If I was to do it again I will put a nth degree 6" long arm lift. I was so impressed in this lift when I saw it at a truck show I took some pictures. Now I'm glad I did so I can share then with you all.

View attachment 299

View attachment 300

View attachment 301

View attachment 302

If you look at the lower control arms they are tucked up out of the way. My Tera-flex long arms bend down and I am always dragging them on the rocks. The stinger/slider protects the rear diff, and drive shaft. This kit also has the high clearance belly pan. All good stuff!!

Hope this helps,
Frank

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Nth makes a good product, I think they charge way to much for it. keep in mind a tj- with any 3"-5" lift and 33's-35's will go just about anyplace you want it to, add a locker or two and its point and shoot, your there. If you really want to see how it does,, go find someone with one and a jeep with the other lift you like and go trail test them..then you will know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree about the cost issue! I believe this kit installed is about $5,000. Alot of people I wheel with didn't pay that for thier Jeep. BUT.... if money DID grew on trees.... this is the kit I would buy. It is so much better designed then my Tera-flex kit. Now in all fairness to Tera-flex, My kit is 3 years old and they have changed it alot. Now that's my two cents. Now all you need is 250,000 more people to give you their two cents and you would have enough for the Nth degree kit. :)

Frank

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I think that Nth probably does make some really stout products and I am not questioning that here. My thing about their LA lift is that there is soooooo damn many parts to it. IMO the more parts involved the more chance for a failure of one of those parts.

If you like those arms then Currie makes a similar product with their J-Arms.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Agreed. Nth does have some good Ideas, and they are growing really fast. I would suggest driving different jeeps that have the lift kits that you are interested in then go from there. And by all means, use the internet as a TOOL not as something that is cast in stone. I tell all of my customers the same thing......:) Pick what YOU want and what YOU like. Not what the internet tells you to like.....:) Because the ALL have their pluses and minuses.

1BLKJP said:
I think that Nth probably does make some really stout products and I am not questioning that here. My thing about their LA lift is that there is soooooo damn many parts to it. IMO the more parts involved the more chance for a failure of one of those parts.

If you like those arms then Currie makes a similar product with their J-Arms.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Absolute Offroad said:
Pick what YOU want and what YOU like. Not what the internet tells you to like.....:) Because the ALL have their pluses and minuses.
Words of wisdom! Drive a few and shop around. Get the best fit for you, not the next guy...or the guy selling it.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Depending on how hard you are going to use it, there are a lot of kits out there right now that offer great ride on road, and with a TJ, any long arm kit is going to be a HUGE improvement over stock... Good luck with your research/decision!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too have heard nothing but good things about them.I went with the Rubicon Express 3.5" on my last Jeep,I was very happy with it and the cost.I'm not sure what lift Ill go with on my new Jeep yet...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fapple said:
I was so impressed in this lift when I saw it at a truck show I took some pictures. Now I'm glad I did so I can share then with you all.
That's the OK4WD Rubokon... more pics can be found here:

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/garage/category/C731

and another TJ they did with an NTh kit:

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/garage/category/C758

I was at their shop a few months ago while they were installing an Nth kit and they allowed me to go into the garage and watch a bit. It's extremely time consuming compared to the other kits on the market but as the others have stated it looks to be top quality. I asked how many hours labor they charge and I was told 24! I almost gagged. That's 24 hours labor for people with experience installing this particular kit, a lift, and all the tools. I couldn't imagine trying to install it in my driveway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your input. The only reason I have decided not to go with the Nth degree lift is the price and install difficulty. I just ordered my 33 engenering low clearance skidplate and the 1.25 inch body lift and motor mount lift and transmision lift. The plan is to go with the skyjacker 4" rock ready lift in the hopefully near future.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
MAke a road trip

Come to San Antonio and you can visit in person with 3 of our S.A.J.E. members that are running that lift on the same rig you have.

All of them love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts