Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have been running my NX Glide for a week and notice that the seal has torn on both sides (see photo). Wondering if it's something i did wrong on the install or the design of the top may be too tight? Anyone else having a similar issue?

Also the back window at both bottom corners the bracket seems to poke at the vinyl a bit. Worried this may cause a tear in the future. Is this properly fitted or am I doing something wrong? (see photo)

Thanks!
-nelson

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I now have been running my NX Glide for a week and notice that the seal has torn on both sides (see photo). Wondering if it's something i did wrong on the install or the design of the top may be too tight? Anyone else having a similar issue?

Also the back window at both bottom corners the bracket seems to poke at the vinyl a bit. Worried this may cause a tear in the future. Is this properly fitted or am I doing something wrong? (see photo)

Thanks!
-nelson
I do not know from experience, but from reading on this forum, but I think the Sunrider for Hardtop did the same thing to the header gasket.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts

Thanks!
-nelson
Hey there,

There are always 2 slits in the header seal, the header on the Glide shouldn't have torn the seals. That being said, please PM with a few more pictures if you can so i can Check it out further. As for the rear, it looks like your tailgate bar isn't in correctly. When you PM me I can send some tips on adjusting that as well.
*CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
183 Posts
For the rear window make sure the rear tail gate channel the plastic piece it moves perhaps urs is not sitting flush with the clamps u got on the rear of the jeep

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Hey there,

There are always 2 slits in the header seal, the header on the Glide shouldn't have torn the seals. That being said, please PM with a few more pictures if you can so i can Check it out further. As for the rear, it looks like your tailgate bar isn't in correctly. When you PM me I can send some tips on adjusting that as well.
*CassieAtBestop
That seal is torn. There should not be slits there. I'm not sure why you think there should. As I stated, this looks like the same issue the Sunrider for hardtop had.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So i guess i'm suppose to use these two plastic pieces?

I didn't have those in my parts

I had my sun rider open today and forgot to look at the seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
I looked at my front seal today and have 2 one inch horizontal slits. What on the top causes this

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I looked at my front seal today and have 2 one inch horizontal slits. What on the top causes this

When the Sunrider for Hardtop came out I think it was the 2 protrusions on the front of the header that were causing the tears. I read some posts where Bestop came out to the homes of some testers and adjusted the protrusions by filing them down. I seem to remember the protrusions being lessened on future productions. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
578 Posts
When the Sunrider for Hardtop came out I think it was the 2 protrusions on the front of the header that were causing the tears. I read some posts where Bestop came out to the homes of some testers and adjusted the protrusions by filing them down. I seem to remember the protrusions being lessened on future productions. I could be wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
A little off-topic, but is that yellow Bestop logo in the lower-left of the rear window removable? I'm pretty interested in getting a Glide but that logo would most likely be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
A little off-topic, but is that yellow Bestop logo in the lower-left of the rear window removable? I'm pretty interested in getting a Glide but that logo would most likely be a deal breaker.
I removed the one off my Trektop NX w/ a bit of heat from a hair drier and goo b gone. I think that's what it was called.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the rear window make sure the rear tail gate channel the plastic piece it moves perhaps urs is not sitting flush with the clamps u got on the rear of the jeep
So thanks to your pictures i realized those two moving plastic pieces weren't on the tailgate bar... then i put them on the wrong way! So finally i figured it out and fits like a glove now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine came off easily just by peeling it. Came out in once piece without any glue residue left behind.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cassie at Bestop, can you confirm that the Sunrider for Hardtop had the protrusions lessened or filed down on recent production of this top? I bought mine last Christmas but have not installed it yet due to the posibility of damage to my header. Should I just file them down myself? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cassie at Bestop, can you confirm that the Sunrider for Hardtop had the protrusions lessened or filed down on recent production of this top? I bought mine last Christmas but have not installed it yet due to the posibility of damage to my header. Should I just file them down myself? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Im not sure about you but my header seal is ripped on both my stock location and the Bestop location

It's either have it super tight and avoid leaks or loose and have have a shower every time it rains

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts