Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys

I bought all 3 of these items from amazon...to compare. FYI: you need 18 inches to match the stock jeep 4.0 metal fan. probably go to 19" or 20"...but non exist that I found

-Allstar Performance ALL30095 18" 6-Blade Molded Nylon Fan $33
-Flex-a-lite 418 Black Nylon 18 3/8" Belt Driven Fan $26
-Maradyne MFA118 Texas Twister Series 18" Fan $25

so far Flex-a-lite and Allstar are exactly the same. not a single difference

Will be getting Maradyne tomorrow...will update this post

hope this helps anyone trying to get most air flow with nylon fan

-------------------
some modifications you have to do:
-------------------

1 - cut a hole out of the center of the fan.

a - used a paint pen to mark and cut the main whole to fit over
the clutch back. (and drill to start the circle)

b - use a little paint to outline the holes where the bolts will go in

2 use small 1/4" deep spacer to keep fan from touching the clutch... not critical but probably will make air flow better and look cleaner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so they are all 3 the same size. attached pic installed. well worth 20 bucks. lightens it up a lot...I can really tell when spinning it by hand. probably gonna produce more air because it has more blades than stock

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
add ons at same time

Will be doing this once I get my grill back on(see pic)...I used a 18 x 26 bake sheet pan to cover the radiator. (there are other posts on how to do this). Then will cut center hole in bake sheet ...and use thin aluminum sheet from home depot to create shroud bolted to bake sheet. (see pic)

Also use same aluminum sheet cover up gap between frame and fenders (I did DIY highline kit)....so even more space than normal. threw out plastic cheap stock ones.

DIY hood louvers and DIY side fender holes are also additions...I will be doing. (there are write ups on this too)

will post pics later....on all of this

these are all good things for air flow and cooling. and keeping flow going in proper direction. high and low pressure points

cheers!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts