Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2 door with 3.73 gears and recently upgraded to 34.4 x 12.5 duratracs. It really doesnt drive to bad, so for know im keeping the gears that i have. But i was wandering what the pros and cons are if i turn over drive off. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Turn it off-get decreased milage--

Change gearing, leave O/D on, get better mileage--simple-

You might be able to leave O/D on NOW--just on level freeways/no head wind/no hills/don't try to pass--

Kinda defecient, huh ?

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yep, say bye-bye to OD.

Then go get a ProCal and tell your Jeep you've got 5.38s. It'll also adjust your speedo to account for your tire size.

Finally, I'd scrap together $1600 or so for a regear to 5.13s or 5.38s if they make'em for your axles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i here what your saying and i will be regearing when i save up enough money but that could be a little while.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yeah i here what your saying and i will be regearing when i save up enough money but that could be a little while.
Yep, a ProCal is pretty affordable though. A superchip would do it too and offer "fuel tunes" as well (which are of debatable value), but it costs about twice as much.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah we did the procal with the lift and tires, so that fixed the speedo. thought about doing superchips but my mechanic advised me that it would not be worth it. The jeep really doesnt feel that bad, but were i live its pretty flat this weekend ill be going up to vermont so that may be a different story.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
yeah we did the procal with the lift and tires, so that fixed the speedo. thought about doing superchips but my mechanic advised me that it would not be worth it. The jeep really doesnt feel that bad, but were i live its pretty flat this weekend ill be going up to vermont so that may be a different story.
Also use the ProCal to tell your jeep you've got really deep gears, like 5.38s even though it's not actually true. The result will be higher RPMs before each upshift. It'll be better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts