Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My O-rings keep breaking everytime i check fluid or replace fluid. thinking of swapping diff covers if i cannot find a seal size. any one know?

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Not sure about the size but ARB sells spares. I shredded a set, emailed ARB and bought spares. ARB part number 160245 for the dip stick and 160244 for the drain plug.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Update:

I called ARB to order a few more o-rings, they no longer sell retail. They did give me the commercial part number, size, as well as a vendor in my area.

Dip stick ARB # 160245 commercial # BS209N70 17.04 X 3.53MM
Plug ARB # 160244 commercial # BS113N70 13.94 X 2.62MM

·
Super Moderator
6,816 Posts
O-rings are usually pretty fungable. I have a couple sets of O-rings in a variety of sizes.
And I have the ARB covers but have not broken an o-ring yet. The two things that come to mind are not having the o-ring lubed, and over tightening. I don't see why one would break.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I've never had one break, or leak. I have had them chafe and get nicked up, which ARB says is normal with some of the units. Yes, I coat them with oil. I just can't see reusing a nicked up o-ring, even if it won't leak.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I was planning to check my diffs this weekend, now I will have new o-rings ready beforehand just in case one sticks or cracks.

One of the things I love about this forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts