Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .. Have a p0052 code o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1 .. I just replaced it. Pulled the battery terminals for about 10 min. When I started the jeep the engine light was still on , never went off. Can someone please tell me why the code is still there? And did I even replace the correct sensor? Correct place ? I did passenger side, first sensor closest to the engine.. Any feed back greatly appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bank 2, sensor 1 should be your passenger side upstream sensor. (before your cat) Is that what you replaced? Also, when you put anti seize on the threads, did you take care not to get it on the head of the sensor? You also need to check the harness and make sure it's not burned. It could have been a faulty harness and not a fault sensor. Lastly, pulling the battery terminal doesn't always work. So before you go turning bolts, get the code actually cleared with a tool.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bank 2, sensor 1 should be your passenger side upstream sensor. (before your cat) Is that what you replaced? Also, when you put anti seize on the threads, did you take care not to get it on the head of the sensor? You also need to check the harness and make sure it's not burned. It could have been a faulty harness and not a fault sensor. Lastly, pulling the battery terminal doesn't always work. So before you go turning bolts, get the code actually cleared with a tool.
I'm pretty sure that was the correct one. It was the first one before the cat. starting from the engine .( closest one to the engine on the passenger side) The sensor came with anti seize already on the threads and was capped . So yes I did make sure it went in straight as not to get anything on the sensor. I will check the harness for breaks or burns . Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. Whats really weird is when I do the key thing _ turn the key three times to get a code , their isn't any codes I just get all dashes. But the engine light is still on..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this sucks. I replaced a o2 sensor in my 3.8 . I was told bank 2 was on the passenger side. Now I'm reading other posts that bank 2 is actually on my driver side. Witch would mean I destroyed a perfectly good sensor in bank 1 sensor 1 getting it out to put a new sensor in the wrong place . Now my question is ... are all 4 sensors bank 1 (sensor 1 and 2 ) and bank 2 ( sensor 1 and 2) all the same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Our Bank 1 is on the passenger side, Bank 2 is the driver's side. Bank 1 is always on the side with cylinder 1. Looking from above you can spot cylinder 1's side by looking at the valve cover (cylinder head) position and notice it is slightly more forward than the other side's valve cover.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well I learned something. Never owned a vehicle that Bank 1 was on the passenger side.

Our Bank 1 is on the passenger side, Bank 2 is the driver's side. Bank 1 is always on the side with cylinder 1. Looking from above you can spot cylinder 1's side by looking at the valve cover (cylinder head) position and notice it is slightly more forward than the other side's valve cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
O2 Sensor codes P0058 and P0057

well this sucks. I replaced a o2 sensor in my 3.8 . I was told bank 2 was on the passenger side. Now I'm reading other posts that bank 2 is actually on my driver side. Witch would mean I destroyed a perfectly good sensor in bank 1 sensor 1 getting it out to put a new sensor in the wrong place . Now my question is ... are all 4 sensors bank 1 (sensor 1 and 2 ) and bank 2 ( sensor 1 and 2) all the same?
I need to figure out why I am getting these codes. I am also wondering if I can just get one type of O2 sensor, regardless of the location. Pep Boys has a "universal" Jeep Bosch O2 sensor for 28 bucks.

Thanks to any for assistance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to figure out why I am getting these codes. I am also wondering if I can just get one type of O2 sensor, regardless of the location. Pep Boys has a "universal" Jeep Bosch O2 sensor for 28 bucks.

Thanks to any for assistance.
Not sure about that, when I went to Advanced to get my o2 they DID have different ones . One was about 6 bucks more .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts