Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4.0L
Idling a hair rough but driving just fine. Codes: P0038, P0058
Indicates High Voltage at Banks 1 & 2 of Sensor 2.

Emissions is not my area of expertise.

I would like to replace this sensor (#2) but not sure which sensor I should be ordering to replace it... is this considered an "upstream" or "downstream" sensor? My Wrang has three sensors (assuming #2 is the middle one), just want to make sure I order correctly. Brand referrals appreciated!

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
2001 4.0 will have precats and four sensors
Front and rear upstream before cats which are critical to control fuel mixture and front and rear downstream that are after minicats and just monitor efficiency of minicats but do.no affect mixture or how engine runs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. Looks like I will be replacing items #1 and #4 according to that image. Does NTK brand play well with the system?

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
BTW, The only difference between bank1/ sensor1, and bank2/ sensor1; is the length of the wires from the sensor to the connector, bank1 being shorter than bank2. The same is said for bank1/ sensor2 and bank2/ sensor2.

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Pretty sure on 2004 the connectors are all keyed different for all four sensors with ribs in different places on male end and corresponding slots on the female end so they only fit their harness plug

Note difference on slot on left side of these 2

One is a 23137 other is a 23135

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts