Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really dumb asking this, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right directions with one of my O2 sensor plugs, I can't find it anywhere. The sensor is the top (most forward) on the driver's side. The plug is just dangling and I can't find a home for it. I've felt around on top of the bell housing but I don't feel anything plug like, am I just missing it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one can tell me where this plug is? The cable is like a foot long, it can't be too far from the starter motor. How about a hint?

·
Registered
293 Posts
An O2 sensor is on the catalytic converter. Trace down from the exhaust manifold. You should find the sensor on the pipe. There is usually a pre and post converter. Not familiar with the location on the JK. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think you have 02 sensors. One on the exhaust pipe just past the end of the manifold, near the firewall. The other just downstream from the catelytic converter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 1/1 O2 sensor is screwed on above the catalytic converter. You can see it from the top with the hood up -- find your left side exhaust manifold coming from the engine and follow it down to the exhaust pipe.

However, I think what you are looking for is the connector that the sensor plugs in to. That connector is sitting almost under the master cylinder. Find you master cylinder and look under but just forward. You should see the grey connector attached to the plastic tray just above the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 1/1 O2 sensor is screwed on above the catalytic converter. You can see it from the top with the hood up -- find your left side exhaust manifold coming from the engine and follow it down to the exhaust pipe.

However, I think what you are looking for is the connector that the sensor plugs in to. That connector is sitting almost under the master cylinder. Find you master cylinder and look under but just forward. You should see the grey connector attached to the plastic tray just above the wheel.
Exactly!!! Bingo!

I'm at work now, but I'll run out in a minute and check it out. If you're right (which I'm sure you are based on the pic) then you just made my day sir! I had visions of me clamping down the bell housing around a dangling plug and trapping it forever. My next post would have been "does anyone know which fuse to pull to kill a check engine light?" haha!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome!! If you come around Tampa FL, let me know and we can settle that beer :) but otherwise we're good. So many people have bailed me out of Jeep issues on this forum that if I had to pay them back in beer I would go broke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts