Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Mopar uses 2 different part numbers. This is for 2012-2018.

Font Rectangle Automotive exterior Paper product Number

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw that too. So why would bosch show it fitting all 4??? Could it simply be that the only real difference is the cable length?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too. So why would bosch show it fitting all 4??? Could it simply be that the only real difference is the cable length?
probably...and the AM cable lengths are different than Mopar. I just went through the same exercise a few weeks ago.

Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I think as long as they fit in the bungholes it shoud be ok,and i'd think the logic in what they read should be the same the difference would be in the interpretation from the readings and that's done by the PCM. With that said i'll still buy them according to what the manufacturer have specd for the vehicle. Downstream or upstream. Every manufacturer list part numbers accordingly.
Have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Reactions: rsmwrangler

·
Registered
668 Posts
An O2 sensor is an O2 sensor, as far as how they work. In respect to the different part numbers, this would be because of the length of the wires. Without seeing the Bosch sensors I'd think they have leads long enough to be used in all locations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An O2 sensor is an O2 sensor, as far as how they work. In respect to the different part numbers, this would be because of the length of the wires. Without seeing the Bosch sensors I'd think they have leads long enough to be used in all locations.
That's kinda what I was thinking as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts