Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,969 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to go to a junkyard and grab a pigtail off a similar year Jeep. XJ's are still relatively plentiful in junkyards and more likely than not used the same connector.
Just cut the pigtail long so you can solder then in deeper in the harness and staggered so they don't make it bulky. Use adhesive lined heat shrink to seal it off.
I would never crimp something like this together, but a lot of people would. If you do make sure you get the sealing crimps that are heat shrink. You do not want green death hidden in your loom.

It may be impossible or unbelieveably expensive to source the pins and housing for the plugs.
For example . you can buy new pins for the fuse boxes, but it'll cost you a crazy amount of money. Upwards of $100.
That's not it i bought one for the rubber gasket and the plug is completely different not even the rubber gasket was the right size
Just throwing it out there... I re-do everything in weather-pack style connectors now so I can service my own stuff whenever I need to.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Just throwing it out there... I re-do everything in weather-pack style connectors now so I can service my own stuff whenever I need to.
I thought about doing that but then if i replaced an O2 sensor i would have to replace the plug on it instead of just take it out of the box and put it on. It's just an inconvenience i don't want to deal with.

Reactions: JonStevens

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
lmao, oh wow now that i look again that belt routing is all screwed up. That is a reverse rotation water pump the belt does not rout like that it will overheat. And who beat the hell out of the power steering pulley?

So, I took the belt off and tried to route it as depicted here and believe it or not, it was too short by several inches. It’s a new belt that I got from Orielys and it’s specific to the 92 YJ 2.5L without AC compressor. So for now I’ll have to run it the way it was.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts