Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New to the forum here and looking for some advice.

I just picked up a 2012 JK Sahara Unlimited with 34,000Km on it for a really good price. Drives great with no weird noises or smells coming from the car, but ive run into this error code!

After only one day of driving it off the lot the check engine light comes on and with the code is P0006. I plan to take it into the dealer in a couple days (next possible day i can do it) but im wondering if someone can shed some light on what this might be so i dont go into the dealer blind.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link!

Weird thing is that the light just disappeared today and then reappeared. Although this time when I did the key trick to see the codes nothing showed up. I'm just really confused right now. Has anyone had this experience?

·
Registered
452 Posts
P0006 doesn't make sense for a petrol engine - fuel shutoff valves only exist for diesel engines with mechanical fuel injection.
Since it has disappeared then I'd just wait and see what the dealer tools pulls out of the memory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P0006 doesn't make sense for a petrol engine - fuel shutoff valves only exist for diesel engines with mechanical fuel injection.
Since it has disappeared then I'd just wait and see what the dealer tools pulls out of the memory.
Ahhh!!
I read the code wrong!
It is "P000B", the minuscule "b" displayed looked like a 6.
Just googled it and it shows "Camshaft position slow" even though the car drives fine. not too sure what this all means....

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
look up "camshaft sensor replacement" Nice thread on how to replace the sensor...stupid easy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any update on this? I've been dealing with the P000B as an intermittent DTC for a while. No impact on driving - more of a nuisance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts