Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a technical question here. When I look at live data from my scanner, I always see SHRTFTB1S2 as N/A. As I understand it this is the short term fuel trim set based on the downstream driver's side O2 sensor. I don't understand why this would be not applicable, while the fuel trim from all the other O2 sensors are normal values. Any ideas?

The reason I'm asking is that I can't seem to get the Jeep to make it through the O2 sensor I/M Readiness check. I've run through the drive cycle multiple times, but that one, the CAT check (which I think won't run until after the O2 Sensore check completes) and the EVAP (which will definitely fail with a hole in my EVAP canister (see: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/evap-canister-melted-2114137.html#post31059873) are showing incomplete. The only code is from the EVAP system, which I don't think affects the ability to run the other readiness checks.

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
796 Posts
N/A at times means not available as opposed to applicable.
Not available could indicate a fault.
The scanner instructions may shed some light.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scanner instructions might as well be written in Sanskrit. They are close to useless. That said, all the I/M monitors have now hit readiness - which it a complete miracle given that there's a giant hole melted in my evap canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts