Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realized after posting that the original date conflicted with the Salton sea trip so I can push it back 2/28 if anybody wants to do both.

I noticed we have a few newcomers to the forum and jeeps recently who have been interested in doing a newbie run, so post if you are interested. I was thinking Holy Jim as a good place to start, and if the group feels confident we can go up caddy hill. Lets meet up at the trail head at 10am and plan on heading out no later than 10:30. It can take 1-4 hours depending on where we go, but you can always turn back at any time and get back to the main road easily. Also you may want to bring snacks/lunch and definitely bring water and a camera, there are some great shots of orange county at the top!

Location: Holy Jim, 31171-, 31199 Trabuco Canyon Rd, Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679, United States
Time:10am
cb channel: 16

Stock Jeeps can easily handle everything there (especially jk's), you don't have to air down, but I would recommend it for comfort.:welcome:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I realized after posting that the original date conflicted with the Salton sea trip so I can push it back 2/28 if anybody wants to do both.

I noticed we have a few newcomers to the forum and jeeps recently who have been interested in doing a newbie run, so post if you are interested. I was thinking Holy Jim as a good place to start, and if the group feels confident we can go up caddy hill. Lets meet up at the trail head at 10am and plan on heading out no later than 10:30. It can take 1-4 hours depending on where we go, but you can always turn back at any time and get back to the main road easily. Also you may want to bring snacks/lunch and definitely bring water and a camera, there are some great shots of orange county at the top!

Location: Holy Jim, 31171-, 31199 Trabuco Canyon Rd, Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679, United States
Time:10am
cb channel: 16

Stock Jeeps can easily handle everything there (especially jk's), you don't have to air down, but I would recommend it for comfort.:welcome:
Been to Holy Jim a bunch of times pretty basic but always fun, whats Caddy Hill?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been to Holy Jim a bunch of times pretty basic but always fun, whats Caddy Hill?
Caddy hill is a trail that branches off of Holy Jim that is like a mini cleghorn (minus the bypasses). It climbs to almost the top of the surrounding mountains and has 2 tricky parts, but otherwise I would call it intermediate.

For beginners there is an area at the base of the trail that has some good flexing spots and mini hill climbs to. There are also some easy spots across the river right after the airfield.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Have a good time.
My wife and I are taking our kids up there this weekend. Not sure which day yet.
We're going to hike the holy jim falls trail. Just staying on the main road as we'll be in my F150.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey Jacob...taking a black diamond trail is one thing but driving to orange county is a whole other experience. One of these days I will join you on your turf, but I will have to get real brave. I can do dirt, but traffic is another subject. LOL Have a great time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jacob...taking a black diamond trail is one thing but driving to orange county is a whole other experience. One of these days I will join you on your turf, but I will have to get real brave. I can do dirt, but traffic is another subject. LOL Have a great time.
Lol I get you, just fyi though, the 241 ends very close to the trail head if that helps at all.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Might be up for this. I will be replacing some worn Joints on my control arms. This should be a good test run. Is this Sat or Sun?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Currently still planning on Saturday, hope you can make it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI I'm gonna be going strait to the play area at the base of caddy hill, meet me there if anybody is gonna join me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts