Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peoples!

PA guy here. A few years ago, well before having my Jeep, I accidentally found myself in OCMD for vacation during Jeep Week, and oh my, what a delight that was!

When I ordered my Jeep in July, I was so bummed that I wouldn't have it in time for that year's Jeep Week. So last year, my first summer with the Jeep, I went. I am going once again this year!

I try to rally up a group of my friends and make a nice short vacation out of it. This year I've got a great group. Myself and 1 other are big UFC fans, another a boxing fan. And even if you are neither, you may be a fan of one of the biggest matches in combat sports to ever happen. Undefeated Mayweather, who fought for more than 20 years, now 2 years retired, vs McGregor, the the first fighter in UFC history to hold titles in two weight divisions, simultaneously.

First, for the locals, does anyone know what bar might show this? My best guesses would be Green Turtle, Hooters, or maybe Dead Freddies. I can go to Hooters anywhere, not a big fan. I doubt 2 of my favorite bars, Fish Tales or Seacrets would show it, they're not exactly equipped with many TVs, but some places will do something special for events as big as this.

Second, for those going to OC Jeep Week, who would be interested in watching the fight? I emailed the coordinators about the possibility of setting up a Jeep Viewing party somewhere, if possible, but I'm sure it would need a decent amount of interest.

Anyway, I didn't see an Jeep Week posts for this year, so this could be that start if nobody is interested in the fight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I too am interested in seeing this fight while down at Jeep week. My buddy who is attending with me would also be interested. I will let you know if I hear anything.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am interested in seeing this fight while down at Jeep week. My buddy who is attending with me would also be interested. I will let you know if I hear anything.
Same! Once it gets closer, and I call around, I'll post the places that are showing

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll call the bars this week to see who is showing it, and what their covers are

·
Registered
42 Posts
I heard this was going to be a trend nationwide, don't know if any in OC are, or the logistics, but a lot of movie theaters will be showing the fight.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard this was going to be a trend nationwide, don't know if any in OC are, or the logistics, but a lot of movie theaters will be showing the fight.
That might be a good option for some!

I personally will be drinking lots of beer throughout the night though :drinks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts