Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a few people expressed interest in running some trails in ONF together I figured I'd start now so we have some time to figure a plan.
So anyone interested, post up some ideas and well run with it.

I'm thinking late December, the weather should be mild enough, and the trails dry to make for a fun day for Jeeps of different mod levels.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I be possibly in.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing specific, it's open to suggestions, and we can narrow from there. There's miles of trails, and I haven't come close to running maybe 1/8 of them. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please share. We can figure out where to meet up and which trails to run.

·
Registered
226 Posts
biggest issue in Dec is hunting season. could even do Paisley Woods (just east of Altoona) , nice trail through forest and lunch on lake. Nothing hard. More challenging areas in the main forest if that is what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Been in FL for 20+ years and never hit up Ocala. This sounds fun.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing that. I haven't run through that part of the forest yet. Been planning on heading down that way eventually.

·
Registered
226 Posts
let me put together a possible run, we could start in Pasiley then work over to the main forest after lunch. Similar to the one I posted. Would be an easy run for those not experienced in off roading, while seeing some nice areas of the forest. If anyone has other suggestions, now is the time :)

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
let me put together a possible run, we could start in Pasiley then work over to the main forest after lunch. Similar to the one I posted. Would be an easy run for those not experienced in off roading, while seeing some nice areas of the forest. If anyone has other suggestions, now is the time :)

Sounds cool! Hope can make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Dec 29th is a Saturday. Let's shoot for that.

That sounds like a good date.
Guess we find a meeting spot? Never been in the area as well.
If anyone can point me to hotel/motel in area it would help. Would drive up Friday afternoon from SFLA.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sounds like a good date.
Guess we find a meeting spot? Never been in the area as well.
If anyone can point me to hotel/motel in area it would help. Would drive up Friday afternoon from SFLA.

The only ones I know of near the forest are in Silver Springs. I'm sure someone more familiar with the area can suggest someplace.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts