Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Wrangler owner here.... so forgive me if I don't have a full grasp of Wrangler etiquette.

I pulled into a Chili's restaurant the other day with my new "Big Bear" Wrangler.... parked a country mile away in the parking lot like I always do.

As I was walking up to the restaurant, I see this guy accessing the back of his Wrangler and trying to shove a bunch of 'stuff' in the back.... he was clearly having trouble trying to keep his vacation cargo in without it tumbling out the back. His was a 2 door JK.

Excited new owner that I am, I said, "Hey, how do you like your Wrangler?"

He replied, "It's not a Wrangler.... it's a Rooo-bicon." He then said, "I like it... a lot of storage."

I thought, ok.... this guy is #1; a elitist snob..... and #2; in denial.

I thought the Rubicon is just another version of the Wrangler within the Wrangler line-up - Not it's own brand.... albeit a more robust/serious off-road version of the Wrangler. And..... it has a 'lot' of storage space? Bwahahahaha.... I guess if you consider a teaspoon a big volume.

I love my 2 door.... but I would never say it has a lot of storage space.... that would seem a more appropriate comment for the Unlimited.

Was it bad for me to refer to his Rubicon as a Wrangler??? I'm still learning... haha.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Definitely him being elitist there - don't stress it!

and yeah, the storage thing --> :lmao: and that's coming from another 2-door owner!

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Many morons here (my area, not the forum) refer to all JK wranglers as Rubicons...I blame the bastard dealers who only order Rubicon's...they think every Wrangler is a Rubicon. So he may just be a moron who doesn't know he bought a Wrangler....(derp derp it says Rubicon big on the hood, so it's a Jeep Rubicon).

He's obviously a moron if he thinks his JK has a lot of storage (or maybe his other car is a Lotus Elise).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
The kind of jackweed that says crap like that is the kind that never uses the "Rooo-bicon" features, just bought it for the name.

I'd have pointed to the "Wrangler" sticker between the front flare and door and said "Looks like Jeep messed up, then."

·
Premium Member
10,157 Posts
The kind of jackweed that says crap like that is the kind that never uses the "Rooo-bicon" features, just bought it for the name.

I'd have pointed to the "Wrangler" sticker between the front flare and door and said "Looks like Jeep messed up, then."
I'd be mighty grateful if you could point to the "Wrangler" sticker on mine..

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'd be mighty grateful if you could point to the "Wrangler" sticker on mine..

;)

Probably says it on that temporary registration stuck to the windsheild :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wouldn't say he's necessarily an elitist or any of the other names he was called in this thread. He may be all of those things, but he also just may not be as well versed as the rest of us.

Not everyone has access to the wealth of knowledge on this forum and many probably wouldn't want it. (Seriously, do you know how much money you guys have cost me in the past few months?!?!) We all know people that but things for the name and then try to act like they know everything about it. Assuming that he is being elitist because he is talking up his vehicle seems to make us the elitist jackweeds.

We drive Jeeps. I don't care what year or code it is, if I like it, I'll tell you, "Nice Jeep!" If I don't like it, but you obviously do, I'll tell you, "Nice Jeep!" If you talk out your ass about your Jeep and I know you're full of it, I'll let you go on and on while I smile and nod.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Any chance he was just messing with you? Anyone that thinks the 2 door has lots of storage is either joking with you or on crack.
I don't get it. I've got ~300lbs of tools and recovery gear and whatnot wedged between the back seat and tailgate. Why do people complain about lack of cargo room? Learn2Tetris, my friend. I worked up a full inventory on mine a couple months back, I think the total was just north of 350lbs, but then it did include a collapsing snowshovel, 20lb cat litter and 10lbs rock salt that were in the rear footwells and have since been set inside til next winter.

Cargo area contents:
Full tool set - wrenches, pliers, ratchets, sockets, hammers, hacksaw, screwdrivers, electrical connectors and crimps, duct tape, wd40, pb blaster, etc... all crammed into 2 rollups that were built to hang on the rear bars of the rollover cage
Hi-Lift with base, chains, snatch block, straps, tree saver, and wheel and bumper lift adapters
Smittybilt rapid inflator / standt (sp?) rapid deflators
2qts Mobil1 full-syn oil
2qts Royal Purple differential fluid
1gal gas (rotated every fillup)
Trail clearing kit - Machete, hand-operated chain "saw", hatchet
Go-bag with 1 change clothes, extra socks, boots, 2 MRE's, lifestraw, etc...

There's more back there, I just don't remember off the top of my head. Basically, the full kit - I've seen exactly one Wrangler on the side of the road with hazards going, pulled over to offer assistance, and of course was in the wife's Jeep - they were out of gas, and I don't usually carry extra in hers. :\

If the JK doesn't have enough cargo room for you, you carry WAY too much crap, because I carry a LOT of crap and it still fits. If I had one of those tonneau cargo covers, the only thing that wouldn't fit underneath is the jack, and even then I'm sure I could reorganize to make it fit...

O_E

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
I don't get it. I've got ~300lbs of tools and recovery gear and whatnot wedged between the back seat and tailgate. Why do people complain about lack of cargo room? Learn2Tetris, my friend. I worked up a full inventory on mine a couple months back, I think the total was just north of 350lbs, but then it did include a collapsing snowshovel, 20lb cat litter and 10lbs rock salt that were in the rear footwells and have since been set inside til next winter.

Cargo area contents:
Full tool set - wrenches, pliers, ratchets, sockets, hammers, hacksaw, screwdrivers, electrical connectors and crimps, duct tape, wd40, pb blaster, etc... all crammed into 2 rollups that were built to hang on the rear bars of the rollover cage
Hi-Lift with base, chains, snatch block, straps, tree saver, and wheel and bumper lift adapters
Smittybilt rapid inflator / standt (sp?) rapid deflators
2qts Mobil1 full-syn oil
2qts Royal Purple differential fluid
1gal gas (rotated every fillup)
Trail clearing kit - Machete, hand-operated chain "saw", hatchet
Go-bag with 1 change clothes, extra socks, boots, 2 MRE's, lifestraw, etc...

There's more back there, I just don't remember off the top of my head. Basically, the full kit - I've seen exactly one Wrangler on the side of the road with hazards going, pulled over to offer assistance, and of course was in the wife's Jeep - they were out of gas, and I don't usually carry extra in hers. :\

If the JK doesn't have enough cargo room for you, you carry WAY too much crap, because I carry a LOT of crap and it still fits. If I had one of those tonneau cargo covers, the only thing that wouldn't fit underneath is the jack, and even then I'm sure I could reorganize to make it fit...

O_E

Though I commend you for getting the necessities back there I think the reason people say the 2dr has no storage is because you could take that entire list of yours and put it in the trunk of a Toyota Camry along with a double stroller, a toddlers bicycle, and a weeks worth of groceries...

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
karvanet and leadnut are on to it

I think he was being sardonic ; karvanet is on to it : anyone who says the 2 door has lots of cargo space is kidding around : I needed to put my spare tire inside and stood it upright against the driver's side , held with cargo straps , because I cannot lift it up or down from the door brackets , and I must merely roll it out . Also , Leadnut has a good point that he may be affected by chilis . :bop:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am still thinking elitist. Rubicon is top model in the "traditional" Wrangler line and some people see it as a status thing. I drive a Rubi myself after upgrading from a Sahara but I have seen more than my share of Sports that are worth 2x mine so he could have been an asshat, ill informed or just messing with you. Enjoy your Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
As far as storage space goes, it depends on what you're comparing it to.

Compared to a any Jeep Wrangler prior to 2007 (LJ maybe being the only exception), a 2 door JK does have tons of space in the back.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I can usually figure out people in the first couple of sentences in what they say, so pretty quickly you are either in or out with me. That being said, it could be a rather quick conservation.

trainman

1 - 20 of 132 Posts