Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some engine bay cleaning, then decided to repaint the bracket that holds up my horn....then noticed this little bolt. Look at the picture below so you know what I am talking about...then I'll ask my question..

So, I was thinking...by turning that bolt I wonder if it's possible to change the pitch of the horn, either to an 18 wheeler boom, or a honda beep. Or is it just a bolt to hold a diaphram in place inside the horn it's self.. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try it on mine. My horn sounds like crap.
lol crap as in "that jeep sounds like honda" or as in "holy crap that jeep sounds like tank!"....or just plain old crap. Would you suggest I mess with it?

*edit, I thought I read "i tried it on mine"

·
Registered
455 Posts
Lol, It sounds like it's filled with mud, and would be embarrassing.
I'm thinking of installing a train horn. :D
Worse then a honda. and never knew tanks had a horn :p

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, It sounds like it's filled with mud, and would be embarrassing.
I'm thinking of installing a train horn. :D
Worse then a honda. and never knew tanks had a horn :p
Tanks have horns, they are called turrets. And I answered my own question. FYI. If you want your horn LOUDER then loosen that nut. If you tighten the screw down it makes a little squeek. I can't wait to see how it sounds in that all metal/no sound protected engine bay. muahahahaha!:punk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts