Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the local neighborhood cat's like to sleep on the soft top. At any given time there are 3 or 4 sitting,sleeping,doing cat stuff on my Jeep. Anyone know of a way to keep them off? As much as I would like to plunk at them with a bb gun, I don't think the neighbors would appreciate that.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Are they the neighbors cats? If they are why worry about what they think. A bb gun will not hurt the cat. After a few shots they will stop. But they will be back a few weeks later so it will be continuous. Hey keep your cat off of my Jeep. Or I must take action. I like animals but I do not like to accommodate other peoples critters at my expense.

·
Registered
784 Posts
a bb could get embedded and cause infection. either use a very weak bb gun or use air soft (a weak one at that). and paint ball will leave to much evidence.

or better yet, A SQUIRT GUN. simple, safe, effective, and fun. lol

or get a rattle snake. lmao

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used a water gun on my cat and it works.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
A buddy of mine at Ft Detrick had a bunch of cats that loved his convertable mustang so he would put about a half dozen mouse traps inside a pillow case - this way if they set off they don't stay on the cat and cause more harm. Cats set them off for about a week then finally learned to stay off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A more politically correct response is a baited box-trap (e.g., Havahart Trap) on the ground - and transport to Humane Society. I fight the urge to say bait the trap with sardines and the bowl of antifreeze - hate to think of them getting thirsty after eating sardines.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The people suggesting shooting or poisoning the cats are just disgusting! You should be in jail where you can't hurt normal people.

That being said, I don't like cats on my car either. Not even my own. You might try a little cayenne pepper on your roof. Won't hurt the material, but when the cats walk on it, it'll stick to their paws and fur.....and when they lick themselves, they'll learn that they shouldn't be there. Probably. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts