Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the odometer to stay on at all times? I've never had any other vehicle do this. It's been that way since I bought it.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That's not normal on a TJ. Pretty common with VW though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If I open my door it comes on. Could it be connected to the dome light button on the door. Mine comes on as the door is open. Then turns off as the door is closed. It then comes on as you start the engine and stays on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What if you turn the headlight switch knob as if you were switching the door light off

So you can know if it's connected to the same line

·
Registered
19 Posts
My odometer light lights up when I open the door too and I think it is on 24/7. I assumed it was supposed to. I think it only did it after I put the door fuse back in, fuse #4

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try pulling the fuse for the door sensors and see if it goes out. I think it's #4?
If the problem was there the dome light would stay on too wouldn't it? I've had the doors off before and pulled that fuse, I'm 99.9% sure it stay on then too. I'll try it tomorrow for shits and giggles though

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The odometer coming on when the door is opened is mentioned in the FSM, but it doesn't say how to turn the feature off or on.

The odometer has a “Rental Car” mode, which will
illuminate the odometer information in the VFD
whenever the driver side front door is opened with
the ignition switch in the Off or Accessory positions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought mine was staying on all the time too, but lately it comes on with the door opening and I check 10 minutes later and its off. I googled the problem and found this post. It would be a nice feature for a rental agency to quickly check mileage. If anyone knows how to turn it off please post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts