Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this battery a direct replacement fit for a 2015 JKUHR with zero issues... I mean pull out the OEM and drop in this battery and connect... purchased this a a local shop, got home and checked under the hood only to see the Performance battery line and not the Extreme 34R... called the shop and they gave me the bit about the Performance battery being the only one Odyssey spec's for the JK...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Yes, it is. That's exactly the battery I'm running in mine.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,256 Posts
Sure is. 20 minute install.

I would pull those wires off the bolts that tighten the clamps onto the battery terminals. They stop the clamps tightening up properly and you end up with all kinds of interesting light shows - at least that is what happened to me :(

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Great battery, that’s the one I use.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yep! the battery is a heavy sucker too... So make sure you get both battery cables tucked so that it'll drop in unobstructed.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Yes the extreme is a direct fit. I put one in my Recon 3 weeks after buying it. Don't settle for the performance series and the shop's lies.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I would pull those wires off the bolts that tighten the clamps onto the battery terminals. They stop the clamps tightening up properly and you end up with all kinds of interesting light shows - at least that is what happened to me :(
I use the Quadratec battery terminal posts for attaching accessories and have had good luck with them.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/17004_9003.htm

·
Registered
810 Posts
Only thing that's a bummer about the Odyssey 34R is that if you later decide that you want a Genesis Dual Battery setup, you can't use it. You need two of the straight 34 version for the kit.

So, before you buy one, if you think you want the kit, it will be cheaper overall to just bite the bullet and do it all at once.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Only thing that's a bummer about the Odyssey 34R is that if you later decide that you want a Genesis Dual Battery setup, you can't use it. You need two of the straight 34 version for the kit.

So, before you buy one, if you think you want the kit, it will be cheaper overall to just bite the bullet and do it all at once.
What's the purpose of a dual battery

Sent from your moms house using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
What's the purpose of a dual battery

Its just more stored energy for high draw applications. Longer run times on accessories when the jeep is turned off.

Like winching at night with all your lights on. or running a fridge in the back. stuff like that

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Its just more stored energy for high draw applications. Longer run times on accessories when the jeep is turned off.

Like winching at night with all your lights on. or running a fridge in the back. stuff like that
I ended up buying the genesis kit, after a few vids, I saw how useful it is

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
I did the same silly thing when wiring my under the hood compressor - couple weeks later the Jeep wouldn't start and realized I was preventing the clamps from being fastened down all the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts