Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an OE Infinity subwoofer dropped in my lap that just happens to be the one that fits my 2010 JKU Sport. Right now, I have the 4 speaker system with two tweeters on the dash. What do I need in order to install the subwoofer in my JKU?

I had heard that it was just plug and play, but I have no idea where the wiring harness is that I need to plug the subwoofer in to. Is it really as simple as that, and if so, where is the wiring harness located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If it is plug and play, pull up the carpet in the back by the tailgate hinge. On my 2010 JKUR, there's green and grey wires with a white stripe running through them going to the sub.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
It is no where near plug and play.

The premium systems have amp and use a different wire harness with the HU.

·
Registered
225 Posts
give it back, and go with something that will actually make you happy. You will need an extra amp minimum, and if you don't have premium sound, you won't have the sub output. Minimum, you will need a processor or cross over to ensure you are only pushing the below 150 hz frequencies to the sub. If you want a sub in the jeep, the OE Infinity is not the way to go... you will be so disappointed

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Any idea where I can find what I need? And what do I need? Thanks for the replies btw.
I don't think it would be worth it. I'm guessing you would need a dealer flash because you have a different harness, another fuse, different wiring.

Plus it is MUCH easier to upgrade the base sound system vs the premium system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it would be worth it. I'm guessing you would need a dealer flash because you have a different harness, another fuse, different wiring.

Plus it is MUCH easier to upgrade the base sound system vs the premium system.
Okay, I'll see what I can do with the sub. Any idea where and what I should look at for a different sub and setup for the JKU? I don't want to spend a ton, but something better than the stock setup would be nice. I'm trying to conserve space too... maybe I could wire a new sub into the OE sub housing?

Again, thanks for all the help and advice.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Okay, I'll see what I can do with the sub. Any idea where and what I should look at for a different sub and setup for the JKU? I don't want to spend a ton, but something better than the stock setup would be nice. I'm trying to conserve space too... maybe I could wire a new sub into the OE sub housing?

Again, thanks for all the help and advice.
I would indeed consider wiring in an aftermarket sub into the factory enclosure. I have the premium system, so I don't know all of the best tricks for standard system...but I do know that you can get a harness to add RCA outputs, which makes everything much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts