Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 2011 JK Sport about two weeks ago and only one key came with it and it isnt the type of key that has the remote on it, it is simply the Jeep key only. For those of you that have OEM alarms on your jeep i wanted to know if you could tell me a basic way that i could tell if it is installed on my jeep. I know kinda stupid question right, well i would rather ask all of you than tolerate the dealers.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Man...wracking my brain, here.

Short of slipping your lock with a pica pole and seeing if the alarm goes off...hmmm.

Lemme think about it. If I come up with an answer, I'll be back. Deal? :thumb:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i appreciate it...I just wonder if there is a box/fuse or something that would indicate if there is an alarm...

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 12' Sahara has a small red led blinking on the upper right console. Comes with a hood tamper pin switch which does work.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
My 12' Sahara has a small red led blinking on the upper right console. Comes with a hood tamper pin switch which does work.
Same year/model I got. Where's the hood tamper switch?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
All JKs have transponders on their keys, so you will need a programed key to start your Jeep.

I'm guessing you don't have power locks, right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Best advice I can give is lock it, close the doors and try to open the hood. If it goes off put your key and and turn the ignition to the on position and it should turn the alarm off

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i know the key has a transponder...I dont think there is an alarm...Thanks to all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts