Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sad to report that this top has failed again. Their workmanship is horrible. Even though this top came with my Jeep, I somehow think Quadratec is to blame as well since they carry Bestop products. Maybe if they had shipped a different top to me for some reason, this latest failure wouldn't have happened.

A couple nights ago I was making a border crossing back into NJ. The night sky blackened considerably and the wind started to gust. I recalled after the last failure that a couple people here suggested removing the top from the boot and putting it up.
I figured I would give it a try so I pulled over, put the top up, and continued headlong into the thunderstorm from hades. Water gushed in from all sides, including the back. It seemed the worst when tractor trailers blew by me sending torrents of water into my jeep. The only part the top seemed to protect was the dash and center areas.

I think I'm finally done with bestop products and quadratec as well.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Windows?

Hey, on a side note...I fixed my top, I think. Drove through a rainstorm from hell & stayed dry on both sides.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shell said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Windows?

Hey, on a side note...I fixed my top, I think. Drove through a rainstorm from hell & stayed dry on both sides.
The windows were fine. As far as I know they remained perfectly dry back home in my garage along with the doors.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just get some 1/2 inch weatherstripping, a door adjustment, a metal header, some towels and a bumper stoker from pixie decals that says "it's a jeep thing". Oh what I would give for a torrential downpour rift now! 

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
And here I thought "I" was the most sarcastic SOB on planet earth.:rofl:

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Mine failed too, so I fixed the problem at least at home. I would have thought the bikini top would have stopped all the leaks. No garage so I went out today and bought it a 12X14 heavy duty canopy and just got it up. Not wanting to put duster/windjammer back on until Bestop gets me my new top. Not sure I can wait that long or not

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supercop260 said:
Wait, so he was kidding??? As I stand here at Bestop HQ with matches and a can of gas...
Maybe we can gather a mob and get some torches!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts