Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while doing a little wheeling on the beach I think my exhaust came in contact with my rear track bar.

When approaching a ledge on the beach I heard a metal pop or clunk. I inspected the rear and discovered my exhaust pipe looks to be slightly bent directly above the track bar. The exhaust and track bar are OEM, but I do have the Rock Krawler 2.5" lift that includes the rear track bar relocation bracket.

Is this phenomenon something anyone else has come across or heard of? Is the track bar the piece that in fact flattened out the exhaust?

This is the relatively small ledge I was climbing. (BTW, it powered over this ledge like a champ. 4WD high with ESC completely off and it was a cake walk. :punk: )

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mine looks precisely the same.

I can try to get a photo if you want...along with some stuff from my weekend wheeling.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I remember looking at it and thinking "no way I did that" - but, what gave me pause was that it has to be the least elegant design I've seen for an exhaust. Rather than just design to proper shape and bend they dent the pipe? If you don't need the diameter, run a smaller pipe...if you do, do it right...I mean, honestly...WTF, over.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember looking at it and thinking "no way I did that" - but, what gave me pause was that it has to be the least elegant design I've seen for an exhaust. Rather than just design to proper shape and bend they dent the pipe? If you don't need the diameter, run a smaller pipe...if you do, do it right...I mean, honestly...WTF, over.
Yeah, very good point! It caught me off guard for sure. I've never seen anything like that before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts