Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Commercial Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there fellow Jeepers!

Over the last few months of owning a 2015 JK, I've tinkered around with changing the OEM "warm" white LEDs in the OEM footwell lights (they have two separate LED's - one is dim when headlights are on) AND the map lights on the Auto Dim Mirror. These LED's are on most 2012 and up Jeep JK's.

From what I could tell from google searches, I'm the only one who's figured out how to take the mirror apart to change the actual LED. A few members have reached out to me about providing a service to them - which I have, but I wanted to become a commercial member to provide this "in the open" and not feel like I'm some back channel operator (lol).

There's a pretty good chance that I can figure out how to swap out the other ambient lights in the cup holders (they're green) if that's something you desire.

There are a few color options: Red, Blue, Green, Cool White (shown in photos), Pink, Violet and Amber.

[bold]How does it work?[/bold]

You send me your boards and I swap the LEDs and send them back. Upon payment I will email you instructions on how to remove the stock circuit boards and you send them to me with a note on the color you'd like.

[bold]What's it cost?[/bold]

My fee for the work is something I've come up with the first member who inquired.

$25 for the Footwell
$50 for the Rearview

If you want to do both, there's a $10 discount so $65 for the combo.

Payment is through PayPal, and will be send via PM.

Here are some photos

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently upgraded my interior lights to led white bulbs but it looked bad with my footwell lighting still being yellow. I didn't need the rear view mirror done only because I had switched mine when I installed the backup camera system. The led board that Mike swapped for me came out awesome. Sent him that boards and got them back a couple days later. Very happy with his work!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
So! I've been trying to figure out how to get to the cup holder lights. I wanted to do red LEDs to match my jeep. Have you figured out how to get to these yet?

·
Commercial Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

·
Commercial Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey im very interested in this... i just replaced my leds and did all expcept the footwells and rear view..
Ok - just finished up a pile of these and sent them all out.

I should be back to regular shipping times! Sorry for the delay in those who waited a bit.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts